Monday, December 24, 2007

Relearning Christmas

Tonight, during the Christmas Service, God spoke to me again. Well, the history goes simply like this.. I do not really like Christmas. Why? Cos I'm a scrooge. And also cos there's no one to go out with during Christmas seasons. For this reasons, I've been anything but joyful over past many years. But as God spoke to me tonight, I was relearning Christmas and what it was about all over again. Christmas in it's empirical form, is a commemoration of Jesus' birth, God's giving of His Son for us. As I rediscover the meaning of Christmas again, I found the reason for the joy that should abound this season - Jesus Christ. It's true, He is the reason for the season. And no one can ever take that joy off me.

I repented for my selfishness. For all the times I justified my own pity party with my relative inadequacies. And for the joy of having Christ in my life, I give thanks. Thus will be my song and eternal hope. I'm relearning the true meaning of Christmas. Thank you God for slapping Dan round with a large trout again.

2 comments:

tsl said...

Jesus is the reason for the Season. He is the reason for everything. Even in feeling non-christmasy, I believe we still can be glad for Christ's birth and saving grace.

AGUS HARIMULYANA said...

dont be melancholic. just calm and be focus on Jesus.