Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Pensive :D

Melancholy:

–noun
1. a gloomy state of mind, esp. when habitual or prolonged; depression.
2. sober thoughtfulness; pensiveness.
3. Archaic.

  • the condition of having too much black bile, considered in ancient and medieval medicine to cause gloominess and depression.
  • black bile.

–adjective
4. affected with, characterized by, or showing melancholy; mournful; depressed: a melancholy mood.
5. causing melancholy or sadness; saddening: a melancholy occasion.
6. soberly thoughtful; pensive.



It's almost funny, how melancholic these days have been for me. Not the sad type of melancholic, but the pensive type. Should have seen this coming, having already grown accustomed to this for most new years.

As Philip Yancey had written, when you have hit rock bottom the only way to go is up. So yes, I'm thankful. And even if only for a brief moment this year, I now remember, I'm counting on God. :)

Pls bear with me in the meantime.

Dan

No comments: