Friday, November 24, 2006

A Breakaway

It's a friday and it's been 2 exam papers with 3 more to go. Still working on it, still rummaging through the pile of books, notes and solving endless problems over and over again. It's the feeling of being cooped up in a lonely cell doing something I don't particularly enjoy, and yet having a certain nothing else to look forward that's twirling about my mind at the moment. I feel quite icky yucky.

Nonetheless, it's a friday after all and lest we forget weekends are suppose to be breakaways from the hassle of stressful weekdays. Whilst holiday season lingers on lip edge, a nominated bunch of slaves to education still struggle willingly for the hope of joining the majority on the starting line at race day. Naturally, of course, there are some who work harder for that few inches headstart. In work, you're paid to work your butt off but it seems in education you pay to work your butt off. It's absolutely bias and a complete misrepresentation, but just let me stand by this opinion for the moment. It's the system, no one leaves the matrix.

Food for thought.

Would you give up monetary gain for a somewhat noble ideal? What if the very nobility you had endeavoured rejects you? What then shall we imagine you be left with?

A once foolish ideal and nothing else perhaps. A foolish look frowned upon with scorn and hidden giggles.

I can't honestly say I haven't been disappointed by the way somethings have turned out. I've made some huge decisions and have had my share of sacrifices, which incidentally are not small. I may never have them back again. Stoutness of heart I need now. Please be kind.

No comments: