Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Return of the Chink

I've had many moments lately poking fun at my Indian friend Arjun (or Raj I call him, his alter ego). All friendly, but really fun. Okie, I can't reveal a normal conversation cos I'll probably stand the risk of getting sued, or JAILED! But wait, before you think I'm racist, let me state that I'm not! Cos Arjun is from India, and I'm being more nationalistic than mono-racial-idealistic. Okie just kidding.. Anyway he calls us "Chinks", a lesser nickname for Chinese anyway.

I GOT TO WATCH LOTR: RETURN OF THE KING LAST NIGHT! And boy, was it a blast! 4hr 10mins of nonstop movie madness. The extended DVD edition went an extra 50min compared to the theatre release. So you actually get to see how Saruman died, Aragorn conversed with Sauron, Gandalf fight the Witch King and how Aragorn persuaded the undead army. Bits and pieces that bring the wonderful story to a complete and mind boggling end. No wonder I felt the theatre release was kinda weird with missing parts all over the place. Peter Jackson was probably trying to crunch the epic into a 3.5hr timeslot, but what a joy to watch the complete reel.

Anyway, more good news. Got a call from Credit Suisse First Boston (CSFB) yesterday regarding the results of my interview last Friday. Thank God I got the offer. Well, not that I'm totally estatic about the offer, it's kinda far, but I guess it's a good opportunity for anything that might come my way thereafter. I'm talking about working prospects in case you're wondering. I've never intended to have an Engineering job after graduation. CSFB is a global investment and banking company, quite a remarkable one at that. :)

Ahmad (Philip our driver), Arjun and I went to NYDC at Holland V today. Pretty early in the evening, so hardly anybody there. Got baked rice! Nice nice, but I overate there. Overdose of chocolate too. Had the Double Chocolate dunno what Cake set with chocolate icecream. I think will die, of over eating and fattiness. Was totally bloated after finishing the goods (shared) and drinking half a cup of water. I suspect the cake expanded in the tummy. We were talking about chocolate, and the effects of it likened to endorphine, which basically makes a person happy or feel like falling in love. It was quite funny, becos I think I could come up with better jokes high on Chocolate. Arjun was at the end of that, as usual. Hiak hiak.. Anyway love is quite a scary thing, dun like it. I'll be fighting hard to keep the gaffer at arm's length, unless another overdose of Chocolate kicks in. Haha.

No comments: