Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy birthday blog!

I missed my blog's first anniversary on Sunday. Geesh.. after thinking about it over the last week, I clean forgot about it when the time came. Thinking back about it, the initial reason why I had started a blog a year ago was because.. haha nvm. But I've got a new reason now. And that's to keep myself in touch with those who do have a blog, and I mean everyone! I'm a bit busy cos of work now, but I still read blogs every weekend so don't stop updating. What's a blog if it's not read. Might as well write on toilet paper, then flush down after cleaning up. -_-"

Oh ya, its that time of the year again!! It's VALENTINES DAY <3! Do I hear some yay's? I've got 3 seasons of mourning. Haha, well actually 3 days I dread most in the year. My birthday, Christmas and Valentines Day. The reason for it being so is the same, because it's a lonely season. Wahaha.. It's not that bad actually, cos singlehood is a blessing in it's own right. It just plain jane torments a person to go through those days when they're crazy about someone else (who won't spend that day with 'em). Christmas last year wasn't a dream come true, but it was so packed that I had no time to brood or breathe. This year's Valentines was like any other day, but I'm feeling quite pleased actually. Haha. Though no flowers.. :(

I remember what Uncle Kim Song said on 29th Jan (Sunday). He was talking about his kids getting angpao and the lessons he would teach them. One of the things he said was sometimes he would purposely withold something from his kids, until a time when they no longer feel a consuming desire for it, then he would let them have it. It was a big bang in my head going "Eureka!" about the pressure of getting attached. It's very paradoxical, cos the best time to give someone something is when they no longer feel binding need for it. It is NOT a contradiction however, to pray for God's best, when knowing the answer in reply is oft to wait. That I do, with deep conviction, but I tend to move ahead of myself sometimes. Haha, dumbo.

Dun mind me thinking aloud here. I was just thinking about what Karen was teaching on Saturday, about the 5 Love Languages. Heard of them? Basically each of us have one or two preferred ways of SHOWING and RECEIVING love. Conveniently categorised for us are 1) Words of affirmation 2) Quality time 3) Giving/Receiving gifts 4) Acts of service 5) Physical touch. I scored 7,9,2,6,6 (higher better).. and it's true, my favourite way of showing/receiving love is just by spending time with a loved one. Thinking about what I've learnt about myself through the years.. Nothing quite a pleasure as driving someone I love back home or around the island, anytime. Nothing quite like spending a night cycling behind someone that means a lot to me, watching her back (in all meanings of the phrase). Nothing beats coming home thinking about what time of the night I should make that call to catch up with a "how was your day?". Nothing like taking a major detour to send someone special back home safely, no matter how late it has gotten. Maybe someday my suspicion of my gift of celibacy will be proven wrong, when someone would say "Nothing quite like.." for me. For now, it doesn't really matter. Some people spend their lives making mistakes before they finally learn about themselves and what's really good. I can't thank God enough for often putting me on a spiritual highway, when I don't even have a chance to stop the car to take a leak. Maybe someday I'll finally get to take a stopever, but for now.. I'm still a winner! Haha.. Once again, happy Valentines Day all! V (^_^) V

No comments: