Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Run with it!!

Another day of work, with 3 days worth of emails awaiting me. That's what happens when holidays happen in Singapore, but people in Seoul, London and Japan either have shorter or no holidays. And all that work piled up just for a measly little intern like me, imagine the old timers who are project managers, or worse still, my Vice President aka Line Manager. I can see his screen clearly enough to make out which emails in his inbox are read, and which haven't. He can NEVER EVER clear his inbox fast enough to have all bolded mails (unread) covered. For him, they just keep coming! I guess his pay more than makes up for the stress. Hehe, anyway he's nice enough to give me an Ang Pao today. And he's an Aussie, fresh in Singapore since Dec last yr! ^^

I returned from lunch today at the foodcourt in Marina Square, then proceeded back to the office to sit on my chair. Hmm.. I think my pants might have tightened by 1/2 an inch around the waist, not too sure. HORROR OF HORRORS!!! I seriously doubt it shrunk, that means.. I might have expanded from the CNY goodies (or the lack of it). At about 2pm, I made up my mind. I am going to buy a new running shoe and go jogging today!

And so it was, quite excited after work. Went to Royal Sporting House (i know its not the best place to get shoes, but no time to go better places la), and checked out the usual brands - Naiki, Rebook, No Balance, Addidas and Pumar. All were either 10-15% discount, cool. Unfortunately, my budget was $60-80, and was just aiming to get a decent shoe to wear out. I wear out my shoes VERY VERY fast, dunno why too. My shoes get sole-less real quick.. weird. I tried out some Nike and Reebok shoes about $129 before discount, then the sales lady asked,"Do you run often?" To which I replied,"Err.. Soon.. ya." After which she immediately declared,"Then get Asics!"

I'm quite a shoe nut, unlike Zack. And like Pastor Mark, who is a one-shoe-at-a-time person, except I'm one-TYPE-of-shoe-at-a-time. So my experiences with running shoes, in particular, are quite pathetic. Later I found out that Asics were quite top of the line, confirmed by Zack the pro, except they cost $200 plus on the average. Ah well, I gave the shoes a look anyway and if they weren't durable or light, I might have bought them for the design anyway! Haha.. Okie, so no surprises. I dropped a bomb on myself by buying a pair of Asics GEL DS Trainer XI - the latests and one of the lightest. The nice filippino sales lady said she'll see me back there at least 3 years later, but knowing myself.. cut that down to 2 years perhaps? Splash the cash on a (hopefully) durable shoe which can last me long long, and most importantly.. MAKE MYSELF RUN!! Wahahahahaha.. I ran/jog 3.8km upslope downslope btw. Almost killed myself, cos I pia the first half like a super hero. That's what I deserve for not running since Nov. My target weight? 65kg! *hiak hiak hiak*

Designed especially for the elite or performance orientated runner who seeks the ultimate in lightweight shoes for faster paced training. They incorporate special weight reducing technical features such as DuoSole, the Trusstic system and minimal reinforcement materials for lightweight support and greater flexibility.
Upper: Synthetic leather, air mesh, biomorphic fir, 3m reflective.
Sole: SpEVA midsole, I.G.S, Space Trusstic, DuoSole, AHAR+ heel, Durasponge rubber forefoot, rearfoot Twist GEL, forefoot Twist GEL.
Features: Slip lasted, removable perforated compression moulded EVA sockliner with orthorlite.
Weight: 252gm.


Err.. yeah.

No comments: