Thursday, June 22, 2006

Kewl

Have canned the idea of buying a car, that frees up some cashflow for a trip. The (uni) boys have been pushing me for a trip. Why? Cos their papa's are sponsoring their holidays! Well, at least a good portion of it. I'll be too embarrassed to ask my parents, doesn't feel right for me anyway. At least not when my dad's retired. We hunted for trip details over a week or so, and if we had picked each itinerary we had discussed seriously, we would have been around the world already. From Tasmania to Brisbane, from China to Nepal, from Hokkaido to Christmas Island, South Africa to Egypt, Korea to Cuba. In the end, we decided on Europe from 2 Aug - 12 Aug. After a significant budget raise from $1500 -> $2XXX. Oh, it runs over my birthday so I'll be spending my first birthday overseas! There's going to be a huge hole in my pocket soon though. I guess this will replace my post-grad long road trip I had envisioned, given that I'm planning to work not long after my final exams.

Credit Suisse has offered a job for me to return to after graduation. I haven't seen the terms, but it should be the standard "starters' kit", which ranks amongst the market's premium. Thank God really. Cos I took about 2 months to grasp the gist of my role, which wasn't very impressive. But thankfully, things started picking up after I shifted desk to sit with the team. Communication was more open and I learnt pretty quickly thereafter. My vice-president said I had exceeded all expectations by the time my stint was over and he was pleased to offer me a job if I was interested in returning. Honestly, I will love to return because I like the corporate culture and of course, because of all the individuals that I've come to love working with. So hopefully, there'll be no surprises in the "starters' kit" and I'll be pretty much set to sign. In the meantime, although my internship had ended last friday, I'm still working on extension of contract. So full day Mon, Wed, Fri and half day Tues, Thurs for lessons in school til 28th July! I like what I do, and my managers like my work, so both side wins! Praise God! Hehe :)

Finally, I'll be waking up early tomorrow to catch an early cab to JB. Will be flying to Kota Kinabalu for mountain climbing and white water rafting from Fri-Mon. Pray for my safety ya? And I should be loading the blog with interesting pics and commentaries soon enough.

Cheerios,
Dan