Monday, May 09, 2005

The REAL Update!

First and foremost, to my most beloved viewers out there, thank you for your endearing support throughout the first few months of my blog house warming. It's been an interesting trip writing short journal entries for people who are either really interested on what's happening in Daniel's life or simply too bored. Of cos you, yeah you reading this right now can't belong to the latter group right? Of cos not. I knew it.

Right, another Sunday's past and its been most eventful, fun, educating and refreshing. The last few days after exams haven't been significant, but mostly consisted of decisions I had to make since I had shelf them off during the exams. To be honest, its weird but I've been feeling nervous since thurs evening for some unknown reason. Its like my heart just pounds faster, adrenaline level shoots up, and my thinking gets a little disrupted. Not quite sure whats the cause of that, cant be stress I know, just gives me a little reason to go to the Lord in prayer each time. But all in all, I feel great as of this moment!

Something interesting happened this morning. The worship during the service didn't go exactly as it had went yesterday during practice. I would say the practice was better, more feel and more powerful. Haha, well I had felt it during the worship itself as I was up there trying to push the song on, it just didn't happen. But, after the service, STILL there were people giving short words of thanks with regards to the worship which had touched them one way or another. You know folks? Worship really is all about Him, Jesus, and He's the One that makes it happen. Not our skills, arrangement, practises and ya-da-da. His grace and anointing covers over all things! What a timely reminder.

I had a most excellent time over in Chancery, for some reason it was awfully fun today. Had lotsa laughs, and kicks (literally). Fueled by the freedom granted after exams, ignited by the joy of the Lord, and propelled by the great fun of just being around God loving people. Smashing! Even better that the kids (no, not mine) were around, so cute and fun to play with.

Funny that the sermon today was about "doing the right thing". Well, I had wanted to laugh each time I heard it this morning to be honest. That Russell Peters really cracks me up man. Not to mention the pulling action which (to me) looks like a flushing action rather than rowing a dragon boat. No disrespect to the speaker but its just me who thinks funny. Thats why you find me smiling to myself every now and then, cos I probably have this very notty thought that I wont say out lest I hurt someone. Haha..

Okie, now to introduce one side of me which most of you all won't know. Which side you ask? The backside? Of cos.. NOT! I'm actually a Staff member, or we call it "Team Member", of an online local Toys Forum called Katoots. Been there for about a year serving as a Moderator now and currently serving as the Chief Moderator. We're actually a registered business and we've sold some merchandises on a small scale thus far, but we're planning for something big later this year. Our own Toy Figure!! Its cool and cute too. Some of you might even have seen me on news before because of this too! Haha.. I'm bringing this up because Straits Times interviewed one of our members and we've got mentioned on the GenY section of Sunday Times (8th May 2005). There'll be another written section with mention of our Forum over one of the week's Straits Times as well. So stay tuned and keep a lookout!



Oh yes, one final note to those who've been keeping up with my entries. I've forgone the insurance/financial advisor job so I can do something more short term in view of what the ministry and church is gonna need of me in the next few months, not to mention my school work as well. Killer!

No comments: