Monday, May 23, 2005

Oh, what a day..

Firstly, thanks for all the wonderful people who asked about my grandfather's condition. His breathing had stablized on Sat and his pulse is normal. He still needs to breathe on the machine, because his lungs has collapsed, but he looks much more comfortable now. He can now respond to voices and is clearly conscious, so thats a good thing. :)

Secell had a BBQ cum overnight at Chancery Lane last night and it was coooool! The trip in the afternoon to Toa Payoh was well worth it, not because of the savings but the fun along the way. We stopped by at a VCD shop and watched "The Eye 10", and got a good laugh from the short segment being repeated. Proceeded to buy our groceries and bought some bubble tea before heading off to church. BBQ started at about 5.30pm and lotsa interesting food, of which most memorable for me was the Banana Bacon, created by our Cell Group! Good stuff I tell you, despite how weird you might imagine the taste to be. Oh yes, Yoel and Feri joined us for the goodies too.

We played some games thereafter to chop chop finish off the food. Last "food fest" game was a killer.. A killer mix of everything and M'kaddesh actually had to finish it. But of cos, though we said the game was merciless, we're not. Ended up the mixture was left unfinished. After the cleaning up, my new "Treasure Hunt" was played. Basically it's treasure hunt with clues planted around Thomson Road and Chancery Lane. Groups had to take pics of the clues with their handphone cams as verification.. And some of the clues are not visible unless Cameras are used (hehe). Anyway it was pretty fast and furious, and the first group that returned actually ran for most of the journey. Poor Jason was attached to them and had to keep up with their youthful zest. Feri joined us for the game too, although his group didnt win but I think they had fun nonetheless.

Participants may think doing these games are easy but they arent actually. Haha.. Cos when I went to plant the clues, I planted them in either very PUBLIC or PRIVATE places. When planting in public areas I had to be discrete about the sticking cos I was afraid people might get curious and alert security. When planting in private areas, I myself had to be in stealth mode lest I get caught for trespassing. =P

Anyway, we debated somewhat about what DVD to watch first on projector after the hunt. That was 11.45pm then.. and the idea was actually to catch Ju-on. Some protested as they would prefer comedies or action movies rather than a horror movie. So we caught "Pirates of the Caribbean" first, and I actually fell asleep at the last part. Haha.. Ju-on was up next, and some people disappeared to play card games elsewhere. It's a really story-less show I tell you. Just plain lots of sound shocking scenes and grossness. Anyway we spent a good time laughing at the show as we watched it. Last DVD was Matrix, part 1. And by this time, most people had already started concussing, all over the floor if i might add. I joined in the slumber party on the floor halfway through the show, the struggle was too unbearable. THat was 5.00am

After cleaning up the office at 10.30am, we ventured off to Mcdonalds for a hearty breakfast. And slowly, tired folks started to get too stoney and departed for home. I slept from 2-4pm and got up to prepare for the street soccer game at my place at 5pm. Algene, OCX, Isaac, Cyrus, Corn, Joel, Nathaniel and myself played in the tennis-court-turned-streetsoccer-court at my place. Fun but tiring lah, my fitness cannot make it. Got a sprain neck after that too. O_o"

Some of us went for dinner thereafter and here am I, just back from Chong Pang after a durian supper. Bought a durian for my dad too, though he's sleeping now.. A bit full, and durian breath.. But great day all in all, fulfilling to say the least.


Some photos from Secell BBQ overnight to share, as usual more in my photo album.

Testo Potato Salad
Quick smile and pose!
Researching CD music
Shalom's First Solo Concert
Erm, a bit drama
haha
Jere trying to get the ball down from the tree
Wa wa wa .. gambling den?!
Red, blue and smoke between
BBQ about to start - opening ceremony
The merciless concoction
Ju-ONNNNNNN!!
!! Shalom's hand!! Ju-ONN!!

No comments: