Monday, July 25, 2005

Wow! This is IT man.

I finally got my photos into my laptop so here's just a short teaser. It's the Sydney Harbour Bridge (if I remember the name correctly :P).

Anyway the point of today's entry is about the worship rehearsal I've had the priviledge of leading this afternoon. We were supposed to start at 2pm, but the setting up was kinda late. It didnt help that the atmosphere was a very lax and lazy one, so except for Lydia who was warming up at the drums, the rest of us were basically all over the place finishing our preparations at 2pm.

It would had been an otherwise normal rehearsal where we went through the new songs and polished the old ones. We kinda got stuck in the intro for "Salvation is Here", so Lydia casually gave a ring to her kor Phinehas for some tips. He decided to drop by in 1/2hr's time whilst we continued with the rest of the songs. We had finished a good 4 out of 6 songs by the time Phinehas joined us, and so we hopped back to "Salvation is Here" immediately. First tipping goes to Joel on the electric, next Karen on the Keyboards and finally Lydia on the drums. Of cos tipping for drums wouldn't make sense with verbal instructions, so a demonstration was conducted for the song. And erm.. the moment Phinehas sat down to start the song, the rest was very much history. There was so much chemistry in the team it was pure pleasure singing with them. When the demonstration was over, Lydia decided to hand the sticks over to him as we agreed it might have been better for the band to remain as the way the demonstration was done. It's like when I first heard it, I told myself,"Wow! This is IT man." Got permission from the heads, and we hadn't looked back since! Haha.. We ended up going through all the 6 songs all over AGAIN at 3.20pm but it was really fun and the music was amazing.

Joel, I must compliment, had improved leaps and bounds since last Dec. It's like he's a raw talent except he hasn't had the proper guidance just yet cos he picks up real fast and it's really cool. The rehearsal today had really impacted me somewhat, musically especially. It was really the most awesome (and happy) rehearsal I've had in MY LIFE. Now, what will really set the worship a notch higher would be the movement of the Holy Spirit. My only worry is, we concentrate on producing the music too much, we forget to major on the major and that's bringing worship not just the songs. But everything to look forward to folks! If you haven't heard "Salvation is Here", go drop by Lydia's blog: http://ainanda.blogspot.com and get familiar with it before Sat. See ya there! Oh btw, for my non-church friends who're keen on visiting this Saturday evening, let me know ya. Yupz!

Okie, I'm getting mentally tired and emotionally affected now. My roomate is playing those lovey dovey songs again! ARGGGHHH.. NooOoOooOoooooooo.. Haha

No comments: