Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Bizzee

I was just thinking about what to name today's post and the first thought was the word "Busy". It suddenly dawned upon me that the word "Busy" should be pronounced as "Bus-See" rather than "Biz-zee". Funny things we take for granted without putting a thought into them. Simple words we learnt in primary school sometimes really can baffle us at the most unexpected moments. Ever wrote a word and suddenly wondered why its spelling looks especially strange even though its correct?

Anyway, back to being bizzee. Yeah I've started my internship at Credit Suisse from 16th Jan, the date Credit Suisse decided to merge it's subsidiaries back to one huge company. So there were a lot of reforms and reshufflements on my first day. I've got a little desk next to my manager's cubicle, alone beside the PHOTOCOPYING MACHINE! I'm like the little dustbins they used to have at a junction of the road. Everyone is walking pass me to use the photocopying machine, and I can smell the ink after long usage. My PERSONAL wastebin has also turned into the photocopying machine bin, cos there's no other bin situated nearby so everyone dumps their copied rubbish into my bin. Haha.. Do I actually sound unhappy about work? Actually, not at all. I'm very happy there, and I do feel it's a privilege just to work in that place. THe people are nice and helpful, though I really really need a lot of help. So out of place really, what's an engineer doing in a bank for internship? But hey, I dun plan on being one after I graduate anyway. Hehe

There are some confidential stuff I'm obligated not to speak about. The only thing is.. I'm not fully sure which info are. So I had better not talk too much about work at the moment, til I complete the reading of the compliance papers. Anyway it's late, I'm gonna have to sleep soon. And skip back to my tiring, bizzee day again tomorrow. Yippeeeee!!

No comments: