Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Raine day!

Woke up this morning to a super rainy day, and somehow I knew the street soccer game we had arranged for the morning was not meant to be. I caught a cold in the morning, after breathing in some dust from my PS2 machine and basically had my nose dripping the whole day. Arggghhhh.. By the time the guys started arriving at my place, the rain had already stopped though. But since everyone came at different times, we played PS2 before the whole gang of 10 reached.

Finally, we kicked the ball a little bit and my team VERY QUICKLY conceded a goal, while I was still stretching. Haha!! Another 2 minutes later, my team conceded it's 3rd goal. I turned around and was wondering "eh how come the other team got another player appear suddenly?". No it wasnt a ghost, but a security guard was standing in the middle of the court and told us to get out. Apparently, there was a sign outside which non of us noticed which was saying the court was closed til 15th January DUE TO RENOVATIONS. But what the, there were NO renovations loh. I asked a more friendly guy who came with the guard and he said it was becos there were some paintwork and the painters didnt want to look like they missed a spot. HELLOOOOOOOOOO?!?! A whole morning of anticipation for 10 burly guys just plummetted to rock bottom.

Jon Wong suggested we head off to another court since we had 2 cars, good enough for 10 guys. We reached Sin Ming's court to find another 12 guys (20-30 yrs old) playing already. We challenged them and played for about 3 matches before it started to pour AGAIN!! We gave up, and drove to Thomson road to check out the Prata house. We knew it was Haji, but still gave it a try cos we didn't think the Indian owners would go to Mecca. Unfortunately, it was closed and so was the Dim Sum backup kopitiam. So we put up at a mince meat noodle kopitiam while the rain continued to pour. It was nice having Josh join us anyway, it's been a long time! :)

Isaac, Joel and Josh followed me home to bathe, gym and play PS2. You guys free can just come my place, we go gym anytime k hehe? It's boring gym'ing alone all the time. Josh had to go at 2pm, but Joshua came over after that, haha. Yeah, my place was filled with church people the whole day. I like it, cos I havent been able to house you guys much whilst I was in hostel. Not like when I was younger, cos I had always invited church people for overnights at my place (feed Isaac until he so big size now). Joel and Joshua stayed and we basically did a whole load of crappy stuff before going for dinner together nearby. It was a simple day, but pretty fruitful for me and a very happy one too. Having good pals (old and new) at my place after so many years of staying at an inaccessible hostel is goooooooooooood!! Haha.. yippeee

Algene "Tinkle Foot" Hong, James "Leftie" Ke and Ong "Special Skill" Chun Xiang.

Isaac "Rolly Polly" Xu doing his cissy smile

Bak Chor Mee.. I couldnt taste it cos my nose was blocked. Sigh

Auntie: "Sioooo, Sioooo.."
PS: I didn't notice the auntie's ears til I posted this pic. Wow dO_Ob

Have I ever mentioned I knew Joel since he was 2 yrs old?

Special appearance!! Josh "20 minute Cross Country" Ang

And our final guest star.. Joshua "24/7 Smiley" Kwek!

No comments: