Thursday, January 05, 2006

He makes all things new

It's the 5th day into the new year, yet it doesnt feel that a new year has begun for me. Things are still very much the same as the previous year has left them to be. New year calls for new things! New resolutions, and all things new. There's a line in a Christian song that goes "He makes all things new.." How nice if that happens for me at the start of the new year. Chicken Little says this,"That's it.. for today is a new day!" and Tom Hanks in Cast Away quoted,"Because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?" Very inspiring indeed. Now all that's left is to follow Lady Macbeth who said,"But screw your courage to the sticking-place, and we'll not fail." It's not vulgar in case you're wondering. It's an analogy of screwing a string of a stringed instrument, til the position where it'll hold permanently, called the "sticking-place". Hehe

Work won't start til 16th Jan, so took time to catch a movie with Daren and Felix today. Watched an arty farty R21 show called "Blood and Bones". I had the idea it was a gory show, end up it's a very sad, violent show and rated so due to sexual content. The show left me with a very melancholic feeling, and the protagonists were so well built up throughout the show it was pure class. Well worth the $7 if you're of the age! Hung around to get Joy and Nat's presents, and in the end, the presents I got are VERY NICE! If you two don't like them, I dun mind trading them with you wahaha.. Got time to testo my new phone too (yes new year calls for new measures, including new gadgets). Not much of a gadget la, it's quite basic. It's the Panasonic VS2, got it for $40 inclusive of trade-in of my old Nokia 6100 model. Very worth it in my opinion, considering the phone sports a pretty workable 1.3megapixel camera.

Always wanted my next phone to be a clamshell. More classy.
Living room's mirror rather dirty, sorry bout that

Here's how the phone (and me) looks when it (and my mouth) is closed.

Wa the barrel distortion at 1m is quite a lot for a phone camera.
What's barrel distortion? Just look at the shape of my face..

Err.. not a very glamourous shot of Felix.
Paiseh dude.. Well, at least you look happy and chirpy!!!

Wa, not bad performance despite the bus being so dark. Overall 3/5 :)

No comments: