Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Junction8 Day

Today is declared Junction8 day, not becos I spent 7 hours there, but a lot of people were there today! I was at J8 in the morning, then went to Suntec to meet the guys in the early afternoon and hung around til late afternoon. I returned to J8 for dinner on the way home, but too bad Karen's movie group had left by the time I arrived.

Met up with Joey and Rachel who were the remnant of a whole bunch of people from church who visited J8 (at different times for different purposes). They had a late lunch, so they werent really hungry and I had a super stomachache from a cup of capuccino in the morning, so we postponed dinner a bit and sat down at the playground in the open air area instead. We had a heart to heart sharing and it was really really nice talking to them both. For once, I felt I was sharing to friends, rather than cell members (whom I always have to be very dignified towards). Its rare that I find myself opening up to anyone, much less people whom I give advice to, 99% of the time. We talked and talked, and the 2 of them took turns to cry over different reasons. They enjoy it lah, when it's crying out from the heart and not cos someone punched you or something. I'm thankful for the trip to meet them both, cos it's really once in a blue moon I ever have time to talk like that, and with such wonderful souls. We should really do that some time again!

Yanquan suddenly popped up from nowhere at about 7.30pm! It was a pleasant surprise more than anything really, cos he's a really dear friend of mine and it's always nice to see him around. Didn't have much chance to chat though, cos he had to rush off to study with his friend. A pity the library wasnt up yet, but what the heck you doing in Bishan so far away from home man? Joey, Rach and I took a half time break from sitting on the playground floor yakking becos Joey suddenly craved for the Shilin chicken downstairs. We bought the chicky, some drinks and went back up to the playground to continue our very fruitful conversation. Before we knew it, it was 9pm and time for Joey to return home. I then walked Rachel to her house and went up to use her toilet, after tahaning for quite a while now. Checked out her house, and stayed there for a little while talking with auntie Lei Sun about ministry stuff. I really like doing stuff like these! Not so much cos I kay-poh, wanna see ppl's homes. But becos I enjoy visiting people, talking to people and encouraging one another (not one way from me all the time also lah). It's nice knowing people from their homes, cos that's where their hearts often are and you can know them so much better that way. I should think I will become a pastor one day :)

Thinking back on meeting those 2 wonderful ppl this evening, I think this evening has very much been one of my best evenings of the year. Godsend! Joey and Rachel if you two are reading this, I've seen you 2 grow up somewhat and I'm really glad for how you both have matured through the years. And for today, together with the many years ahead, I truly thank God for you both! Thank you.

No comments: