Sunday, December 04, 2005

So wrong..

I just caught the last bit of Star Awards tonight. I saw the bit where Christopher Lee went up to collect his Top 10 Most Popular Male artiste award, and the fans started chanting "Propose! Propose! Propose!". Of cos it was directed at Christopher Lee, urging him to propose to Fann Wong. Christopher, quickly brushed the crowd aside, saying that he would be the first to announce if any proposal was successful.

And suddenly, Zoe Tay popped out from behind and grabbed a mic on stage, further urging Christopher Lee to propose. She got pretty pushy and just mounted immense pressure on him to propose, saying that he told her he had a surprise coming on stage before the show. Obviously, the guy was not ready to propose then and Fann Wong got so embarrassed she zipped out of the studio. My goodness, this is so wrong.. This got me thinking, being a couple with eyes watching your relationship's progress sure isnt easy. The kind of pressure people put on these poor folks. Please!! Such things are a private affair. I don't think making someone propose in front of a live TV audience, or millions of viewers, is gonna make him appear more loving. Poor Christopher, I was pretty sure I saw his angered, deep blush beneath his tanned appearance tonight.

No comments: