Saturday, December 03, 2005

Ups and Downs

Couldn't find a more appropriate title for my entry this time in the week. Certainly has been a week of ups and downs! Somethings happened over the course of the week that sparked off some hope. A small hope it was, but kinda like lighted matchstick in a dark room - sticks out like a strand of white hair on a baby. It was a really nice feeling of hope, as surreal as it had seemed to be haha. Well, that l'il fire was kinda put out pretty quick and that got me thinking again. I'm not much of a firestarter in the first place, I cant start fires. Yes, quite hopeless at that. But I catch fire pretty quick though. Not a good thing, for me at least. Haha.. Now, that I think about it, the good thing about this week was that I got to clear some things off my chest I had held out for months, and through it all I think I've made a better friend! At least I hope so. :)

Anyway, that 5 random facts about me thingy. Alright, my turn:

1) I like to perform, speak and entertain. Dun ask me why, I think it's in my genes. My mum said I was a freak of a baby, cos I had started talking when I was 8 months old and picks up speaking real quick. I remember my parents had this old little radio that could record on cassette tapes. When I was five, out of curiosity, I learnt the record function myself and I recorded a 2 person conversation by myself. I think it was between a girl, and a boy trying to ask her to help him buy something. I don't have much chances to do performances now though, been awhile since I last acted, or hosted any concerts for the matter. Been spending too much time in church getting people to do them instead. Haha

2) I love the arts. Musicals, operas, movies, dances and anything aesthetically splendid is quite my cup of tea. I'm not musically talented but I love music. Not those loud bang bang type though, I was quite a fan of 92.4FM (if you young ones even know what that is). Anyway I picked up the Saxophone during my JC days, though I haven't touched one since then either. I love drawing, since I was a kid too. Almost topped my secondary school for Arts in ACS(I), in still life. Lost to my then bestfriend in school, by 1 mark overall despite beating his final exam piece. Hence I have a thing for graphics too, and is quite icky picky about designs. Oh yes, I almost wanted to skip JC to go to an Arts School!

3) An interesting fact might be that I can't swim (well). Basically, put me in a olympic size swimming pool and watch me drown trying to swim to the other side without touching the floor. My main problem is breathing in between the strokes, but I never really got down to getting it right either. Ooops.. I remember I kinda freaked out once in Sec 1, when David wanted to bring me out about 40m from the beach shore on a float. Jon Wong was worse off then though, his nose bled, halfway out from the shore. *mooohahahah*

4) I've a pathetically weak stomach. Feed me some weird stuff, and I'll spend my day sitting on the toilet bowl. Taking cold water, eggs or milk in the morning is like eating the Fruit on the tree-of-knowledge-of-good-and-evil, I will surely die. There's a long list of things my stomach doesnt fancy, but peach tea was the most recent case so I remember that one pretty well. Shalom best, go and turn my peach tea into bubble tea somemore.

5) I've never had a girlfriend! 23 years old and still going strong (like real). Quite a debatable topic lah, my NTU good friends would be like asking me to try this, try that. And erm, I've had many comments about my sexual preference. For the record, I AM NOT GAY!!! I know I'm not much of a sniper, one shot one kill, but I would really like my first girlfriend to be my FINAL girlfriend.
I don't think its worth getting through MANY relationships when you only intend to have ONE life partner. Then again, some might say that I'm being too traditional or conservative. But I think it's a pretty cool thing for my wife to know that she's my first and last (machiam alpha and omega). Not sure if girls think likewise though.. Scully all think I'm retarded. :(

Okie I'm obligated to make 5 people do this test too. So the nominations are:
1)Shalom
2)Manna (yes yes, the rotting one)
3)Kristin
4)JW
5)Mel-anie (no more mcdonalds plzz!)


Ah yes, my new Oakley sunglasses arrived on Thurs! Polarized one. Meaning the lenses reduce the glare from reflections (off glass and water) and also makes the skies look clearer! I like it!!

No comments: