Saturday, June 11, 2005

My Next Chapter

I just came back from an awesome church camp last night. It was everything I had expected, and perhaps more! Before I go into it, for my skool friends reading this, I hope you can read thru the whole entry, and that you might be blest as much as I was. You know my fellow SCE suffferers? I think I never once deserved the grades I have gotten so far over the last 2 years. I think it nothing more than the grace of God for someone who just responds in faith to him (and spends his sundays in church)!! :)

Life is just so different when you have someone as lovely as Jesus. He's not "lovely" like those cute and cuddly penguins in Madagascar, but He's "lovely" because He gave up everything for one as unlovely as me. Bible says "this is love: not that we love God, but that He first loved us" and in another part says "the love of Christ compels us". First hand experience? Plenty in this camp.

The Lord spoke to me a many times, some for myself, some for others. Thinking back on what I said in the worship I led on 5th June Sunday now, I'm pretty sure its from the Lord. I said that the Lord is taking our church through a time of breakthrough, and something wonderful is going to come our way for the church. Sounds cliche, but I believe it, the time is now. Funny that the Camp Speaker should speak about the same thing, not for one session but all the sessions. And even ended up singing one of the songs we sang for service on Sunday - "One Voice". I had another vision when I was praying on Wed night, I saw the view of a person in an airplane's cockpit as it was picking up speed on a runway til a point when it was ready to take off. That same night, the speaker mentioned this to the church before he closed - "You're going to fly". I see it in my spirit, and I believe it in my heart. Perhaps it's appropriate for me to say this now, I believe the saturday service will be a big part of the "New Thing".

Thru the 5 days of the camp, I really had a good chance to get to know afew people better. Visually, verbally, or simply thru spending time alongside them. It's a amazing the hand of God upon some people, I wish I could really tell you all how wonderfully made you are. Funny thing is, I don't remember loving my sheep (and some others) so much but now I know I do.

Shalom asked me how come I didnt go up to get prayed for by the speaker. I told her that I didn't feel a need to. Not that I'm proud or anything but the thing is the Lord speaks to me as well with regards to my own life, I don't need to go up to the speaker and request for a word. But if there's an altar call for something I know I need to respond to, I will! The word of the Lord for me before the camp was "Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever" from the last part of Psalm 23. Funny eh? And so I chose my Camp Worshp songs accordingly too. Haha.. And as I responded to those words, the Lord spoke to me to "Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past.. See, I am doing a new thing". ANd you think it's just for the church only? Moohahaha. Anyway, the grand finale of it all was when those words hit me hard on thurs morning. I just cupped my face with my hands and flooded it with mucus and tears. God released me of my past dissapointments and my "years of pain". Really awesome I tell ya! Though I don't see the "New thing" coming yet, but my miracle has already begun, just that it's 30miles up north now. :)

With that I'm closing the former chapter of my life (barreness and dry season as the speaker would say it), and letting God write the Next Chapter of it. Release!!! Praise the Lord. Hahaha



Yong Peng! Can you see the Ramly Burger stall on the right side?

Ya, we know.. Malaysia's special. Haha
Guess who?
Clue: Song name..
Feri the Giant!Morning view from my roomSunrise Starlight
OOoh.. New Zealand?This is more realisticErm.. -_-"
Coveting my water-melon?!!
Consequence of eating Cornetto Royale Chocolate!More to pics to come once I get my hands on them..

No comments: