Wednesday, June 15, 2005

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Firstly, I think "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" is a nutty show. It's really a potluck of crazy imagination and creativity squeezed chaotically into 1hr 40min. But all in all, amidst the madness, I found plenty of funny moments laughing my cheese off. My point of view was, if you THINK its funny, just laugh, even if it seems stupid later. Thats the way to get ur cheese off and enjoy the most of a comedy. Hehe..

Anyway I really love the song.. "So long, so long, so long, so long.. and thanks for all the fish!" Haha, i dun think anyone will fully appreciate it until they get to watch the movie, which is not exactly recommended as a kid show btw, cos its pretty complex. So Eliz, find me the mp3 and we'll have a nice new blog song!

ALl in the all, the day has been rather tiring for me. Not quite heartening, but gives me joy to see all my lovely young friends. Shalom and Karen had fever, sorry I didnt know otherwise I would have taken more care and hastened the movement a bit. Jere and Nat were sporting, even if it meant having to travel half the stretch of orchard to get to Heeren cos the girls wanted to walk walk. Joey kept slapping my shoulder. I havent checked but I'm pretty sure it's blue black now, repent if u ever get to read this! Zihan was being her normal chatty self, but makes the company more lively nonetheless. Cheryl had a good time making sure that Shalom's Auntie side was made known to everyone! Haha.. Actually we all know liao hor. Mooohahaha. Okie lah Shalom's mature. Keke

I had to answer messages (SMS) throughout the whole day. Why? Cos I'm gonna sell my DSLR camera and everything along with it. Its a sad goodbye to my hobby, and as I was packing up the boxes tonight it really added to the mess. Why the sudden decision you might ask. Well, I put in some thought over the last weeks and realize that my investment in the whole pile of equipment wasnt justified, espcially since i was a mere student. Seeing everyone snapping away happily during the Church camp made me wish I had something as compact as that! Haha.. sounds stupid but its true. I came home with like 7 pictures and non worth remembering. Pictures arent taken to impress, they hold memories man! I'm pretty green with envy at blogs and online albums filled with pictures, thats the way it should be. :)

Yes, you've probably guessed. I'm gonna be getting a new compact and CHEAPER camera after the whole selling thing goes over. Cheer up Mr Dan, tomorrow has enough worries (and plenty more treasures) for itself! Yea yea!! Woohoo..

PS: Added the lyrics to the Hitchhiker song.

So long and thanks for all the fish
So sad that it should come to this
We tried to warn you all, but oh dear
You may not share our intellect
Which might explain your disrespect
For all the natural wonders that grow around you
So long, so long, and thanks for all the fish

The world’s about to be destroyed
There’s no point getting all annoyed
Lie back and let the planet dissolve around you
Despite those nets of tuna fleets
We thought that most of you were sweet
Especially tiny tots and your pregnant women
So long, so long, so long, so long, so long
So long, so long, so long, so long, so long
So long, so long and thanks for all the fish

If I had just one last wish
I would like a tasty fish
If we could just change one thing
We would all have learned to sing

Come one and all
Man and mammal
Side by side in life’s great gene pool

So long, so long, so long, so long, so long
So long, so long, so long, so long, so long
So long, so long and thanks for all the fish