Sunday, July 20, 2008

New York - Day 1

Hi folks, it's 1:10am here in New York on Sunday morning. Think the lovelies in church should be just done for service. I'm already feeling like I'm missing lots. (:

Anyway, I've got a long way to go before I can head home to see you folks again. Lots of work to be done, and lots of food to taste (hope I get a chance to). Think I will need to slowly plan out my itinerary. Lazy me hasn't started planning anything yet. Think I will do Timesquare later today. (:

Not much of jet lag though, the business class in SQ really rox! Oh wait, before I get to the good part, I must detail the painful part. I was at T3 from 8.30am for my 10:50 flight. Part of the reason why I wanted to go so early was to check out T3, and also the exclusive Kris Lounge. Guess what? My flight was delayed twice, once to 1400, another to 1530! So now I'm really quite familiar with the inside of T3 cos I was pacing back and forth, in and out of everywhere, including the Silver Kris Lounge. Quite zzzz, cos that's 5.5hrs of precious weekend time in New York gone from silly engineering faults in the plane. Anyhow, back to the good part. The business really rox! I slept like a pig for 10 consecutive hours on the flat bed seat. And I got to watch a couple of cool movies - Spiderwick Chronicles, Rabbit without Ears (european), Ah Long Pte Ltd, 21. All goood. Not to mention the food was way better than what I've had in economy. God rox! (:

Taken from a quiet corner of the Silver Kris Lounge

Lunch appetizer on board flight - Lobster!

So here I am, finally, in my comfy hotel - The Carlton on Madison Ave. My home away from home for the next 13 nights. They upgraded me to a suite by the way, God rox again! (:

24 hrs later, can barely manage a smile

Other half of the suite.

Missing everyone lots! Love you all.

Dan

No comments: