Sunday, July 27, 2008

New York - Day 8

Today was a good and bad day. But feels like overall bad. ):

Firstly, I headed off today for brunch at SoHo - Balthazar. The fluffy Norwegian Eggs and Thick Capuccino was absolutely lovely. It was a great start to the day. Then I started prancing the streets of SoHo, the arty farty and shopping district. Calamity happened when my hand brushed the hand of an afro-american guy, the quite burly kind. His glasses fell to the floor and I prompty apologised before heading my way. Ten seconds later he run up beind me and showed me his glasses, with one cracked lens, before demanding me to pay for his glasses. He didn't really seem the dishonest type but he was very bent on his demands for payment (I guess it's a US thing as well). After a long 20min discussion, with a few calls to opticians on the price of getting lenses fixed, I had to pay him USD $150. To be honest, I felt quite intimidated throughout the episode but I kept praying. In the end as I was finding change for him, I felt a more peace. So I bought him a drink for the troubles and chatted a bit before blessing him. But so much for that, a rather traumatic experience, for the intimidation and cost of it. ):

Most excellent brunch! (:

Nice car.. Suddenly miss my Colt Plus. Haha. (:

No matter, that just means less shopping for me. But I checked out the SoHo Kate Spade for Matz and I bought gifts for some people, new trousers and belt for myself. Saw some nice stuff but no size, cos sale items were quite well sold. Then I headed off to Little Italy and Chinatown. Took some pictures, and surprise surprise, I met Bradley, GF and family at, of all places, Chinatown! (:

Little Italy, nothing much for me.

Durians!! Must be a novelty here. (:

Home!! Well, not quite.

My walkaround ended early at 3pm and I decided to head to Quality Meats again to try the recommended aged bone-in sirloin, so I went uptown to TimeSquare again. I chanced upon Madamme Tussaud New York and decided to go (my first time to any Madamme Tussaud). It was great fun, and all the figures were amazing life-like. I ended off the tour with a 4-D cinematic experience. Nothing compared to the Japanese ones I must say. The Universal Studios and Disney ones in Japan are so much more 1337 (elite)! Bought some souvenirs again.

Welcomed by the Hulk himself. How hospitable.

Two greats of Hollywood. Very realistic!

Especialy for Roche. Hehe

Ahh.. rendezvous with my brightest student.

Rev. Billy Graham in Madamme Tussaud!! Haha

Especially for Joey Lau.

My biggest fan! Creator of some of my all time favourites.

The kid is real. Haha, funny capture.

Moved up from West 42nd Street and found a Ben & Jerrys! After a long tiring and eventful day, choc ice cream should do some cheering. And it did, the combination of One Cheesecake Brownie and Chocolate Fudge Brownie that is.. But I think the tubbed ones are much better though. Maybe it's just the warm summer air that took its toll on the ice cream. Took a long trip up north along 6th Avenue and Rockefeller Complex to Quality Meats where I had my dinner. The meat was really quality, but the service and ambience, much better. (:

Ben & Jerry's with NYC background. How apt. (:

Haha, pic doesn't quite do justice. But proof to LiBin that I ate it!

For all it's worth, today has been a very costly day for me. I'm back early at 7.40pm to relax, then worship the Lord and feel safe, that everything is in His arms, again. Jesus I need you, I've been reminded today and I love You.

Psalm 91

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."

Love
Dan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The owner of this blog has a strong personality because it reflects to the blog that he/she made.

Anonymous said...

Interesting topics could give you more visitors to your site. So Keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

i like......