Wednesday, July 23, 2008

New York - Day 4

Hey all! Zoom zoom and it's day 4 already, time flies in NY. Really! Sorry about the scanty updates during workdays, unless anyone is interested to hear my daily project status.

View at 7am, outside my study window.
The buildings in New York are so typically meticulously sculpted on the outside.

Anyway, New York office is so so different from Singapore's. Before anyone thinks I'm just repeating my monologue from yesterday, more details to follow! Singapore culture feels very groupy compared to here. Lunch back at home is often spent with friends/colleagues but it's never the case here. Lunch is a quick take away from the cafeteria in basement (oh btw, they call basements 2B, 3B instead of B2, B3, etc), or it's a quick pack from outside the building. Never a long affair. I love Singapore man! (: Nonetheless, the cafeteria setup feels very confusing, and no cash is paid out. It's all via a cashcard system linked to your employee pass. Quite normal, but amazingly efficient. Hardly have to queue here, despite almost the entire building being filled with Credit Suisse employees.

Large cafeteria. The food section is on the other side, where the spread is tremendous.

One of the many self-help sections to pick ur sauce/sugar/straws/cups/napkins/others.

After work, I decided to be adventurous and headed off to a peruvian/japanese restaurant about 5 streets down Park Ave - SushiSamba. Oh man, it was marvellous!! Almost same price as the italian cafe I went to yesterday, but way more happening and crowded! I was quietly listening to two young chaps at the next table while savouring my sumptuous fried Snapper, and I started to understand why medieval taverns were primespots for picking up info and news. Especially if you're the lone traveller having a bite or cooling over a jug of beer. Overheard much of their interesting conversation, but most interesting, a deranged Christian Bale beating his mom and sis up! Oh man, dark dark knight indeed.

Fried snapper with coconut rice and sweet spicy sauce. Wow!

Reminds me, I need to watch Dark Knight. Think I'll catch it back home, if anyone hasn't watched it then. (:

Hmm.. Which way out of the toilet?

Prayerfully
Dan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is very creative, when people read this it widens our imaginations.

Anonymous said...

This topic have a tendency to become boring but with your creativeness its great.