Tuesday, July 22, 2008

New York - Day 3

It was my first day of work in NY today! I was anxious, and worried about many things but it all turned out pretty well today. Credit Suisse New York is so much more different than the Credit Suisse Singapore I've come to known. The lifestyle, the building, everything!! It's pretty cool. The building is very colonial, unlike our rented ORQ. The tables and decor speaks of heritage, i.e. very old! It's all marbles, large columns and sculpted steel here. So very New Yorkian. And work life here is so much more.. relaxing compared to Singapore. The office is very much empty by 6.30pm, which was the time I left. Firstly, I hardly get to leave ORQ this early in the middle of a project phase. Secondly, if I had left at 6.30pm, I would have been scorned upon and stared at by the majority! Two very different life styles indeed. Had a short but good chat with Irina, who works in SPC Credit Suisse (same dept as me in NYC), and Singaporean lifestyle is just so so different!

Credit Suisse New York has it's own cafeteria!! And it's huge! (:
Most imptly, they sell Starbucks, and it's cheap - $1.95 for this huge load of cold coffee.

This is my own little space on 11th floor on Eleven Madison Ave. (:
Check out the "ancient" furniture and desk items!

Small portion of the lift lobby. Super posh.
There's a lot more outside the guard area, believe me.

This is my hotel, just <5mins walk away from office.
My suite is the extreme left 2 windows on the 4th floor. (:

Was a fun day. Had a good time, surprisingly. Met lots of ppl, 95% higher up than me. But it was cool. Best, ended off the day with a great italian steak dinner with great wine. Thank you God!


Excellent slightly crusty, medium rare prime steak.
Expensive, but excellent. Better yet with some beer and cabernet! (:

Feeling a bit tipsy from remaining jet lag, lack of sleep and a bit of alcohol. Going to sleep early tonight!

God bless
Dan

No comments: