Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Around the world in 24 hours

I can safely say I've beaten my own record today in terms of transportation and travelling about the Island. A whooping 6 bus rides, 4 train rides and 3 car rides. Okie, that may not be significant for some of you diehards but my footies are rebelling now I can tell you. My ankle skin is off, toes are purplish. Now, some folks must be thinking,"What on earth has the army taught you in your years of service?". Well, the army doesnt teach us to wear footwear 1 size smaller, tight as a rhino's butt hide, and heavy as it's daily pile. The toopid tight socks wasn't helping either. Ah well, a fun and eventful day nonetheless.

Let's have a very very bwief (Tony style) run through. After that we'll debwief and bwief and debwief and bwief... well the cycle goes on daily actually. Woke up at 7am, couldnt sleep despite snoozing at 3am cos I'm gonna get my new toy in the afternoon! Anyway, toggled between a conscious and subconscious state til 10am when I finally leaped out of my bed and washed up to go to Ang Mo Kio central. Banked a cheque, and cut my hair at some cool hairdresser's called Aki. You wont use cash when u patronise them, they have a vending machine to dispense cards at $10 each and the card will entitle you to one haircut. Hoho, interesting concept. Had my lunch at AMK central too and got a pleasant surprise. My fav chicken rice stall in Jurong West Extension actually has another branch in AMK central so near my house! Woohooo..

Reached home at bout 12.30pm and zipped off at 1.30pm after checking my mail. Was supposed to meet the seller of my new camera lens at 2.45pm Funan Macdonalds. Arrived at City Hall at 2.20pm and figured I had some time to spare, so dropped by The Camera Workshop for fun. Another pleasant surprise, Daniel, one of the big brothers in COSB to the teens (alongside Jeffrey Tay) was actually working there! Wow, it must have been like 10 yrs since I last saw him but I recognized him straight away. Haha.. amazing. ^^

Anyway, I had to cut off my conversation with Daniel and had zipped off to Funan to meet the seller. Ooops, forgot to draw money so had to find some ATM. Dumb ATM actually disallowed me to draw the sum I had wanted cos I had apparently overrun my transaction limit for the day! What?! I have money inside still man.. Counted my shillings and ended up have $1 less than the promised amount to pay the seller, but that kind soul of a great man took pity on me. (Must be God's will also, cos I had donated twice in the morning to old ladies). Wrapped the lens in my bag and gleefully skipped for my meeting in Outram at 3.15pm.

Reached Club Rainbow office at 3.30pm after rushing there thinking I was late. The rest of the committees were nowhere in sight!! But shortly after, we started the meeting and looks like the previous proposal would be changed into something more exciting now. I'll have to hold the suspense for confidentiality sake.

"If I tell you, I'm afraid I'll have to kill you," Johnny English.
"Try me," Natalie Imbruglia.
Johnny English, "Gulp.."


Okie from Outram to Chinatown for a quick rest before we flutter to Marina South for TOTS outing. Arrived at Marina SOuth MRT at 6pm sharp to find a lonesome Mingquan seated at a cold corner. By the time Candice arrived, we were good to go.. at 6.30pm! Can't blame her, since she thought the outing was next week only hours ago anyway. Alright it was the normal boring steamboat/bbq combo anyway but we had laughs and fun, and photographs! Ended up with spending about an hour on the arcades, both guys and girls. If your memory does serve you well, you will remember that I have no money, refused withdrawal by the bank at this moment still. Thus, I could only tearfully watch others have fun from a sulky corner... *sniff*

Time to say goodbye, and took a ride from Philip back to hostel to collect some clothes and notes to study. I MUST STARDEEE TOMORROW!! YESH YOU CAN DO ITTTTT!! Sigh.. Finally back home after a long eventful day. Nothing exciting, just another typical day with explicit details from Daniel's life blogged down. Hmm, wonder if the origin of BLOG is BOG. So you blog down when you're bogged down. *thinks*

Oh nvm.

Ok, you know the usual.

Click the thumbnails of the good-looking ones and skip the rest. Just kidding lah!

Sok Hui, Biz Mag
Yat Ting, Biz Mag
Junie, Chairperson
Weijie, Biz Mag
Macdownalds, self portrait
Boring Steamboat/BBQ
Yat Ting eyeing Sok
Hui's good stuff
Candice, 1 week too early
Mingquan, Logistic
Chou Woon,
Project Director
Thou shalt not covert
thy neighbour's goods
Gladys, Honourary
TOTS Secretary
Junie feeding her secretary
You call this TOMYAM SOUP?!
Philip, Publications
Everybody EAT!!
Indian Uncle,
General Helper
Junquan, Publicity
Diana, Publicity
Together.. we erm publicise!!
Band of Brudders
Unity in Sanity..
Uniform INSanity..
Especially this escapee!

No comments: