Wednesday, April 13, 2005

The Anvil

I have an Anvil, powerful peace-loving and pure
She glitters with each sunray, unrivalled from days before
Strong and bold, she stands tall with unsurpassed courage
I watch her daily, from my laptop, as I slurp on my porridge

When dawn breaks the darkness of the yester night
Before the birds sing their chirpy sounds with soft delight
I ponder over my comfy, feathered slumberland pillow
"Dear Anvil, mind me not for being a nosey fellow.."

I have an Anvil, marvellous meek and melodious
She speaks my heart to flutter, for you I'm all ears
Refined and charming, she is the hope of all men
For you my Anvil, I could perpetually give up durian

When dusk falls and the sun hides behind the mountains
I wonder what line should be next, but end up with this nonsense
With all the examinations around the corner, so silly a time it seems
This Anvil in my heart, might end up being but a fragment of my dreams

Hope not! ^^

No comments: