Friday, April 08, 2005

Is it time yet?

Went for a job "interview" today. Supposedly for the role of a financial adviser. I'm not quite sure about the risk and all, but in the back of my mind, I do remember cases I've heard whereby the financial adviser has to beg relatives to buy insurances to meet the monthly quota.

My supposed manager is a multi millionaire, has 3 properties, 2 cars and a family of 5. He started earning approximately SGD $200,000 a year by his 5th year of work, when he was in his late 20's. He's a brilliant man, and a Christian too. But I'm not too sure if I can take his success story as something I can work towards to. Need prayer for sure, though he's willing to take me under his wing. Here's the other thing, I was only recommended by word of mouth from my auntie to him but it seems like he's certain that he wants me to work for him already. Today was the first day we met, and we were already speaking about the courses which I need to go through before joining him. At this point of time, his secretary has already signed me up and he gave me his word he would subsidise half of the course fee for me.

It's kinda daunting the nice picture he painted today. It's really a wowser, earning $3k a month as an undergraduate doing part-time, from just getting 10 clients a month for as little as $50/mth per client. And the pay increments each year, by half of your total earnings from last year. Making it $4.5k a month on the second year, and the same increments go on for the next year as well! The thing about the job is that it's contracted, though for how long I'm not quite sure of. But if I sign above the dotted lines, I'll start work this May and through the predefined period.

Another amazing thing is that I've told my prospective manager about my Church camp dates, and Sydney trip. He says we can try to work around it, and when his secretary and I were checking on the course dates, they fitted perfectly in the times when I'm in SG!! Coincidence? I might think not.. *ponder ponder..*

Pray with me yar? Oh yes, I'll be studying with Philip tomorrow at Taka library from 11am til night. So do say hi if you see me there... Haha. Or jio me for meals/tea breaks if you happen to be around the area.


Hmm.. my heart has been pounding like mad for the last few days as well. Haven't had that kinda feeling for a long long time. Daniel seldom gets jittery, as most of you might know. But it's coming back to me again.. Is it time yet? Rats.

No comments: