Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The Cactus

Found some time to blabber here after my preparation for my lab tomorrow's finally done. Spent my night multi-tasking between MSN and my lab! And who says guys can't multi-task? Well, technically speaking I've been trained, by some old-hands as well. Haha..

Right, now to the main topic. Somewhere in the midst of my chatterboxing, I was reminded that I am still SINGLE!! The question popped was an innocent "so have you found your ONE?" and being kinda stunned, I replied "which ONE?". Obviously, I got the gist of the question, just needed to buy some time to react that's all. A nice untimely reminder that I am still single.. Let's see, it was like 9 days since I last shook off that thought. I'm starting to believe that I've discovered God's plan for my life and it's called "Bachelorhood".

Pastor Barnabas once talked about how you can discern if you have the gift of celebacy (singlehood). The trick to this test is to take a look at an attractive person of the opposite gender (OPPOSITE PLEASE!!), if this person moves you as much as a cactus does, hey congrats! You've got the gift! Apparently, only a handful of people know this test and the term "Cactus" has evolved into referring to a person who has the gift of celebacy. So am I a cactus?

I did a little search on how to spell the word B-A-C-H-E-L-O-R tonight and dug up some interesting finds:

bach·e·lor - Pronunciation Key (bch-lr, bchlr)
n.

  1. An unmarried man.
  2. A person who has completed the undergraduate curriculum of a college or university and holds a bachelor's degree.
  3. A male animal that does not mate during the breeding season, especially a young male fur seal kept from the breeding territory by older males.
  4. A young knight in the service of another knight in feudal times.

Statement 1. is true, but hopefully will be discontinued one day.
Statement 2. is not yet true, but hopefully will be reached one day.
Statement 3. is nonsensical.
Statement 4. is somewhat a metaphorical analogy of what I'm going through in my Ministry.

Quite an eye-opening wowser! Gives me some new insights on what being a bachelor means. Haha, so do know that being a bachelor means so much more. Maybe if you aren't one yet, can join me! We could organise a bachelor/bachelorette party! Wooohoooo..

No comments: