Saturday, March 26, 2005

Drummer Debutant

It's gonna be easter sunday again tomorrow, my 22nd one. If you think about it, the number of special occasions like this that a person lives through in a lifetime actually do matter. Hmm, how many more easter sundays am I gonna live through? No idea man, perhaps this might even be my one and only time leading Easter Sunday service's worship in my entire life! It'll be a time of celebration tomorrow, and I certainly hope after Friday's special programme everyone will be in the mood (for love?). Feel like starting with a shout,"ARE YOU READY TO PRAISE THE LORD?!" But the congregration ain't all youths or kids so don't think that'll work. Hmm..

Anyway, as a prelude to tomorrow's special day, today's posting has come at an unusually early timeslot. Have you noticed? I'm most proud and glad to announce the debut of a special drummer tomorrow!! In the words of Russell Peters,"Somebody.. but I'm not telling who. Oh I think you might know him very well." ^^

Before I end off to study, just some thoughts from yesterday's Last Supper enactment at Chancery. I had a picture of a little peanut on the pavement last night. Then came a person, who saw that little peanut lying on that rough concrete, picked it up and placed it snuggly in his pocket. This person brought this little peanut into the comfort of his household. That little blob of fatty oils was myself. Once I lay in the mire of self, I could have been crushed, run over and stepped upon. But just at the right time, Jesus picked me up and brought me back with Him. It sounds funny the way it is, but when I think about that saving grace, I can't help but feel that I'm just a little peanut, so undeserving. And aptly put into words in that hymn, Amazing Love, "Amazing love, how can it be? That thou my God should die for me.."

And tomorrow, I stand before a congregation of God's people
To declare aloud in joyful jubilation, yet humble humility.
Of that amazing love, which has set us all free.
Come a beautiful Easter Sunday morning tomorrow,
Will you be there to join with me?

No comments: