Sunday, March 20, 2005

Pre-Easter Sunday

Its so nice and encouraging to hear about how Jon Wong's doing in Perth. Really wish life in Singapore will just slow itself to a crawl so I'll have more time to spend in Church and with the Secellites. Looking back at the amount of time I spent on godly pursuits (reading, praying or fellowshipping) back in Secondary School, it's a little heart breaking to know that my time is so out of my control now in Varsity. ECA's, schoolwork, hostel life to contend with.. argh.. In Econs, which coincidentally I've never studied before, you learn about Demand & Supply. In this unfortunate context, I feel so demanded and yet short supplied. Just wanna go up the mountain for a few months and live my pilgrimage for awhile. But must bring the church with me, so it's more meaningful and I still get to spend time with the Secellites. Moooohahaha!

Oh wait, that kinda sounds a lot like June Retreat doesn't it? Hmm, never thought about it this way, looks like I wasn't the first fella who had these thoughts. Man, I can't wait to go up Awana again. Can I say it's really such a memorable place? Close friends of mine, will know what I mean. Anyway, I've kindly asked the church staff if the Youth could have apartment rooms instead of the hotel ones. The apartments can house up to 7 people, with 2 queen size beds, sofas and a jacuzzi!! So for sleeping, we have 5 ppl squeeze on beds, 1 on sofa and 1 more in the jacuzzi. So cool right? I've requested for 4 apartments for a start, but before I get you folks all excited bout it, just take note it might not happen if it's too much trouble for the staff. Cos the rooms are already booked and subjected to availability plus costs.

Had to put in a little thought about what songs to lead for worship this Easter Sunday. I won't spoil the fun for you bloggers by listing them songs haha. Big hint, the song you're listening (or going to listen) to is one of them. It should autoplay as this blog is loading, will leave it playing for awhile. It's a new Hillsong song called "Tell The World", so get to know it before Sunday and can join us in rocking the house down. Erm okie, not that exaggerating but you get what I mean generally. :)

Tell The World
Words & Music by JD, Marty Sampson, Joel Houston

Verse 1
Don’t wanna stand here and shout Your praise,
And walk away and forget Your name
I stand for You if that’s all I do
Cause there is none that compares to You

Pre-Chorus
Cause all I want in this lifetime is You
And all I want in this whole world is You

Chorus
Tell the world that Jesus lives
Tell the world that
Tell the world that
Tell the world that He died for them
Tell the world that He lives again

Verse 2
No longer I but Christ in me
It’s the only truth that sets me free
How could this world be a better place
By Thy Mercy, by Thy Grace

Bridge
C’mon, c’mon we’ll tell the world about You
C’mon, c’mon we’ll tell the world about You
C’mon, c’mon we’ll tell the world about You
C’mon, c’mon we’ll tell the world about You

Ah yes, last call for Hillsong Conference go'ers. So far, 5 people have confirmed attendance, please do chop chop decide! See ya in Sydney!

No comments: